INDIAN TRAIL – The Town of Indian Trail has modified parks to promote social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic.
After noticing large groups gathered at park amenities, such as sand volleyball courts, the town has made these modifications:
• Chestnut Square Park: Locking tennis courts, taking down sand volleyball nets, locking up goals on the turf field, closing bathrooms and shutting down water fountains.
• Crooked Creek Park: Closing dog park, locking ball fields, closing bathrooms and shutting down water fountains.
[Union County Weekly works hard to bring you local news.
Please consider making a small financial donation to help us add value to our community.]
All other park amenities will remain open.
The town advises residents:
• Avoid gathering in large groups.
• Continue practicing physical distancing by leaving at least six feet between people.
• Stay home if you or your child are sick.
• Use hand sanitizer and disinfectant regularly while at parks.
Become a CMG Insider! Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter to stay on top of everything we are publishing in print and online, as well as what we’re sharing across our social media platforms. Click here to be added to the distribution list.