MONROE – The Union County Board of Education is accepting applications through Aug. 21 to serve on its Citizens Advisory Committee for Diversity for the 2020-21 school year.
The committee will promote a school community that embraces acceptance as well as denounces and takes action against prejudice and discrimination.
The committee will be comprised of the following representatives:
• A rising junior or senior from each high school.
• A community member residing in each cluster.
• An administrator (principal or assistant principal) from each cluster.
• An employee from each cluster and from central services.
• Three representatives from the faith community.
Throughout the school year, the committee will work with the school board’s strategic planning, technology, and transportation committee and UCPS administrators.