One of the best things about living in an area with as many municipalities as Union County is that each community organizes events that are worth crossing village and town lines.
Here’s an early look at some of the region’s most popular holiday events. For now, we’re including one for each town that we’re aware of. We’ll be filling out this list in the coming weeks.
Indian Trail: Christmas parade
• When: 4-7 p.m. Dec. 1
• Where: Chestnut Square Park
• Details: More than a parade, the IT’s a Wonderful Life Christmas Parade includes pictures with Santa, inflatables, a trackless train and a Christmas tree lighting after dark.
Marshville: Christmas Parade
• When: 2 p.m. Nov. 23
• Where: Downtown Marshville
• Details: You don’t have to venture to Charlotte to enjoy a parade. Marshville organizes a parade that offers small-town feel. And chances are, you know everyone that’s waving at you.
Monroe: Christmas Tree Lighting
• When: 3-8 p.m. Dec. 7
• Where: Downtown Monroe
• Details: Start the afternoon off with a Christmas Bazaar. The tree lighting starts at 7 p.m., but look out for live Christmas music from Gina Gutierrez, train and trolley rides, strolling carolers, snow and a petting zoo.
Stallings Christmas in the Park
• When: 2-6 p.m. Dec. 7
• Where: Stallings Municipal Park
• Details: Santa goes to all the events, but this one has welcomed Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in the past. Live music, arts and crafts, train rides and bounce houses have traditionally rounded out the afternoon.
Waxhaw: Holiday Festival of Lights
• When: 4-8 p.m. Dec. 7
• Where: Downtown Waxhaw
• Details: Santa arrives at the event in a firetruck. But the big attraction is the 500,000 holiday lights. The festival includes Christmas music, carnival games, rides and a live nativity.
Weddington: Christmas Tree Lighting
• When: 5-9 p.m. Nov. 22
• Where: Weddington Town Hall
• Details: This is a great event for people that just can’t wait any longer for Christmas. Jump on in with hot chocolate, cookies and s’mores. Local choirs will perform, and food trucks will serve delicious fare.
Send us your events
Email your upcoming holiday events to firstname.lastname@example.org.