The first wave of candidates to be added to election ballots became known July 5 at the Union County Board of Elections. Filing will continue through Feb. 19. Here’s how the ballot looks so far:
• Mayor: Phillip Thomas.
• Town Council: John Biggers Jr. & Gary Wifong.
• Alderman: Kim Belk & Dennis Dorton.
• Mayor: Michael Alvarez.
• Town Council: Todd Barber, Roger Kortekaas & Marcus McIntyre.
• Mayor: David Cleveland.
• Village Council: Bruce Barton & Jeremy Russell.
• Village Council (unexpired term): Pam Jack.
• Mayor: Larry Smith Jr.
• Town Council: Margaret Bivens, Nancie Mandeville & Jim Rowell.
• Mayor: Frederick Becker III.
• Mayor: Bobby Kilgore.
• City Council: Gary Anderson, Tony Autry, Debra Duncan, Lynn Keziah & Myles Kuly.
• Town Council District 4: Heather Grooms & Shawna Steele.
• Town Commissioner: Gene Price.
• Mayor: Edwin Elam & Ericka McKnight.
• Mayor: Elizabeth Callis & Nicholas Goodwin.
• Town Council District 2: Scott Buzzard & Anne Pruitt.
• Town Council District 4: Janice Propst.
• Mayor: Brad Horvath.
• Village Council: David Boyce & April Campagna.
• Mayor: Gary Hamill.
• Village Commissioner: Bart Famer, John Lowery & Max Wolfe III.