INDIAN TRAIL – The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization is requesting input on the next stage of developing future regional impact transportation projects for Iredell, Mecklenburg and Union counties – including a few from Indian Trail.
Public comments will be used to determine what projects receive state funding and how they are ranked in terms of need.
Input will be accepted until Oct. 4.
Indian Trail specific projects include:
• East John Street/Old Monroe Road – This would widen the roadway west of Morningside Meadow Lane to east of Wesley Chapel-Stouts Road.
• Old Monroe Road – This would widen the roadway to multi-lanes, with median, bike lanes and sidewalks, from Wesley Chapel-Stouts Road to Airport Road.
• Wesley Chapel-Stouts Road – This would widen the roadway from two to four lanes, median divided, from U.S. 74 to Rogers Road.
• Indian Trail-Fairview Road – This would add a sidewalk along the northwest side of Indian Trail-Fairview Road.
• Price Mill Creek Greenway – This would construct a greenway on a new alignment between Old Monroe Road and Garden Oak Drive, connecting several subdivisions with the Carolina Thread Trail.
• Brandon Oaks Drive – This would construct bicycle lanes along Brandon Oaks Drive and create two pedestrian neighborhood sidewalk connections from Beacon Hills to an adjacent shopping center and neighborhood.
The complete list of projects can be found at www.crtpo.org/PDFs/Prioritization/P5_0/P5.0_Division_Needs_Highway.pdf and at www.crtpo.org/PDFs/Prioritization/P5_0/P5.0_Division_Needs_NonHighway.pdf.