Arby’s tops health inspections
MONROE – The Union County Health Department inspected these restaurants Feb. 23 to March 1:
• Arby’s, 13866 W. Roosevelt Blvd. – 100
• First China, 6640 Old Monroe Road – 98
• Hardees, 13731 E. Independence Blvd. – 93
• Arby’s, 2101 W. Roosevelt Blvd. – 99.5
• Crossroads Diner, 4218 N.C. 218 E. – 99
• Monroe Country Club Snack Bar, 1680 Pageland Highway – 96.5
• On the Road, 812 N. Charlotte Ave. – 94
• Papa John’s Pizza, 1620 E. Roosevelt Blvd. – 93
• The Country Grill, 4002 Concord Hwy. – 96.5
• 701 Main Restaurant, 701 W. South Main St. – 98
• Ice Cream and Pizza Works, 3913 Providence Road – 97.5
• U-SAV, 3609 Matthews-Weddington Road – 95
Teacher wins first Hero of the Month
WAXHAW – Abernethy Properties has become affiliated with Homes For Heroes and launched a Hero of the Month program in Waxhaw.
The firm not only offers savings to veterans, police, EMT, firefighters, medical fields and teachers when they buy or sell a home, but works to bring the community together to thank heroes for service, according to Sarah Abernethy.
Christen Smith, a teacher at New Town Elementary, is the first winner.
Principal Catherine Perry nominated Smith, praising her for being a caring, nurturing professional to students with disabilities.
“Not only is she an exemplary teacher for the students she is assigned, she is also a tremendously supportive colleague and mentor at New Town ES,” Perry wrote in her nomination. “She is an encouraging and collaborative team member, partnering with staff to prepare all students to succeed.
7-Eleven hosts franchise seminar
CHARLOTTE – 7-Eleven will host a seminar to detail business ownership opportunities in the Carolinas.
The seminar, which will include details about the 7-Eleven franchise system, business model, benefits of franchising and success stories,
The seminar will be held 5 to 7 p.m. March 13 at the regional office, 5600 77 Center Drive, suite 320.
Attendees will receive free product coupons and samples of 7-Eleven’s fresh foods and drinks.
Stores available to franchise include 304 Unionville-Indian Trail Road West in Indian Trail and Mint Hill: 4300 Wilgrove-Mint Hill Road in Mint Hill.
Visit www.Franchise.7-Elev en.com for details.
RALEIGH – Gov. Roy Cooper appointed Pryor Gibson to lead Hometown Strong, a new initiative to partner with local governments to support local economies, improve infrastructure and strengthen rural communities.
Gibson is a former member of the N.C. General Assembly who represented House District 96, which includes Anson, Montgomery and Union counties.
The initiative will focus on projects such as infrastructure improvements, broadband access and workforce training.
“When you face a challenge in small towns like mine, you solve it by bringing everyone around the table,” Gibson said. “That’s an idea that state government could use more of.”
CC Group unveils new affiliation
WAXHAW – CG Group team leaders Bill Cormier & Jimmy Grappone announced their team’s new affiliation with Waxhaw real estate firm Skyecroft Realty Group.
Skyecroft Realty Group, led by owner Mark Hendel, is committed to being the leading residential real estate services company serving Waxhaw.
Cormier & Grappone look forward to growing their CG Group team in the coming months with local agents who are equally committed to “simplifying real estate.”
New corporations form in county
RALEIGH – Registered agents filed these corporations Feb. 23 to March 1 in western Union County:
• Brito Home Improvement LLC – Pedro Brito.
• Carb Who? LLC – Wendy Traynham.
• Jenkins Roofing & Pressure Washing LLC – John Jenkins.
• Millennium Hospitalist Associates PLLC – Worku Wondafrash.
• Deep Roots Ventures LLC – Jennifer Jones.
• KC Stone Inc. – Esselito Solano
• The Lankford Painting Co. – Kelli Dukes.
• Apex Air Repair LLC – William Poage.
• Capital Business Group LLC – Casey Boucher.
• CDR Consulting LLC – Robert Welsh.
• Claude Erps Construction Inc. – David Erps.
• Consultative Advisors LLC – Travoye McCray.
• CREATIV@ MEDIA LLC – Pedro Valdivieso.
• Cuddy Law Firm PLLC – John Cuddy Sr.
• Diamond Flooring Design & Installation LLC – Gary Grossman.
• Estate Wish Realty L.L.C. – Ewelina Fiedorowicz.
• Frederick 23 Capital LLC – Frederick Morganthall II.
• G & G Property Group Inc. – Gina Yi.
• Jackson Fence Company LLC – Christopher Helms.
• Lila Home Designs LLC – Lauren Clement.
• M4 Advisory LLC – Mark Petruzzi.
• Maddex IRA LLC – Bryan Maddex.
• Maxurpo LLC – Ivy Chen.
• Shanti Mangalam LLC – Amit Shah.
• WDHiggins LLC – William Higgins.
SPCC offers truck driver training
MONROE—South Piedmont Community College will offer a Commercial Driver’s License course weekdays, April 25 to June 28, at its Tyson Family Center for Technology.
Under-employed or unemployed students may be eligible for 100 percent funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
An orientation session will be held at 10 a.m. April 3 at the Tyson Center, 3509 Old Charlotte Hwy.
The cost for the course, which is offered in partnership with Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, is $1,858, includes instructional materials. Tuition can be split into three payments.
Visit www.spcc.edu and search “truck driver training,” or contact Chris Thompson at 828-726-2380 or cthomp email@example.com for details.