Bentley jewelry could go in Belk
CHARLOTTE – Belk selected Suzette Bentley, of Waxhaw-based E.B. Jewelry Studio, among 19 finalists for its 2016 Southern Designer Showcase competition.
The finalists will vie for the opportunity to have their collections sold in select Belk stores and www.Belk.com in spring 2017.
Finalists will present their designs May 19 to a panel of executives at Belk’s headquarters in Charlotte.
“We are excited to see firsthand the collections from these 19 creative and gifted finalists, who will help Belk bring our modern, Southern style to life,” said Cynthia Washburn-Nester, Belk’s vice president of fashion and trend. “Each year we look forward to introducing our customers to new brands they will love, while recognizing exceptional talent within our communities.”
Social media firm hosts contest
INDIAN TRAIL – BeeSmart Social Media launched a contest offering free social media services to 12 businesses for a year.
Winners will receive a consultation resulting in a customized plan, which includes three weekly posts to a company’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, as well as a monthly report tracking progress.
One small business will be chosen at random monthly from May 2016 to April 2017.
“We understand that entrepreneurs and small business owners wear many hats, and sometimes social media marketing falls by the wayside,” owner Julie Bee said. “We strive to provide affordable social media services that deliver high-impact results.”
Enter the contest at www.beesmartsocialmedia.com/contest-enter-win/.
Grant will help downtown
MONROE – The North Carolina Rural Infrastructure Authority approved 17 grant and loan requests totaling $4,905,420, including $400,000 to renovate a downtown building in Monroe that had been unoccupied for 10 years.
The building will house the Cotillion Finishing School and other tenants.
The renovation includes new flooring, stairwells, fire suppression system, plumbing and HVAC.
“Business-ready buildings and infrastructure set the stage for job growth,” Gov. Pat McCrory said.“These investments lay the groundwork for prosperity by providing basic water and sewer systems, access roads and building renovations that businesses need in order to create jobs in North Carolina’s smaller communities.”
Union jobless rate drops
Union County’s unemployment rate dropped from 4.9 percent in February to 4.6 percent in March, according to the latest statistics from the N.C. Department of Commerce.
Some 5,363 of the 115,405-person labor force were unemployed for a rate of 4.6 percent.
The unemployment rate was at 4.7 percent in March 2015.
Jobless rates decreased for all 100 counties in March.
New firms form in county
Registered agents filed the following corporations with the N.C. Secretary of State from April 22 to 28:
- A Taste of Aloha LLC – Lance White, 4714 Granite Court.
- Dimension Building Specialist LLC – Efrain Huezo, 268-D Unionville-Indian Trail Road W.
- Hemby Bridge Properties LLC – Kevin Pressley, 7125 Secrest Shortcut Road.
- Home With You Companion Care LLC – Wonona Lewis, 10004 Farm Pond Road.
- Innovative Homes + Renovations LLC – Andrew Snyder, 110 Park Road W.
- Noah Wallace Roach Foundation – Theodus Roach, 4389 Indian Trail-Fairview Road.
- Oasis Clinical Care Managment – Thedus Roach, 4389 Indian Trail-Fairview Road, suite 23.
- Pure & Perfect Cleaning Service LLC – Marisa Campos, 1105 Technology Drive.
- Returning2Natural LLC – Shannon Foster, 3036 Thorndale Road.
- A&L Auto Sports LLC – Lashelle Brown, 624 W. Roosevelt Blvd.
- Bottom Line Innovations LLC – Jude Di Clemente 5205 Constance Court.
- C&K Real Estate Design Inc. – Kevin Conroy Jr., 4509 Red Hook Road.
- Flynn Global Concepts LLC – Robin Flynn, 1419 North Hills Drive.
- Greenwill Lawn & Construction Inc. – Christopher Martinez, 2527 Nottingham Lane, suite a.
- HAP Transport Inc. – Bennie Roberts, 5720 S. Rocky River Road.
- Jag’s Transport Inc. – James Gause, 4213 Mara Lane.
- Cheetah Solar LLC – Robert Cox, 2600 Cricket Cove.
- The DeAngelo Williams Foundation – DeAngelo Williams, 6009 Oxfordshire Road.
- EAC Solutions Inc. – Dhanalakshmi Indela, 10603 Waxhaw Manor Drive.
- Flanagan Asset Management LLC – Timothy Flanagan Jr., 608 Belle Meade Court.
- Glow (Go Love Our World) International Organization – Mary Padgett, 8705 Old Waxhaw-Monroe Road.
- Grizzly Bear Solar LLC – Robert Cox, 2600 Cricket Cove.
- Guardian Property Investments LLC – Daniela Tomescu, 914 Benmore Circle.
- JAV Ventures LLC – Rahul Mohan, 417 Running Horse Lane.
- Koala Solar LLC – Robert Cox, 2600 Cricket Cove.
- One Kore Resource LLC – Kerry O’leary, 230 Glenmoore Drive.
- Tint & Tones LLC – Yasmine Elsaady, 4019 Hamil Ridge Drive.
- Together Fitness LLC – Karen Vilord, 9708 Royal Colony Drive.
- Total Retail Direct LLC – Judy Ton, 435 Ranelagh Drive.
- Keysource HCI LLC – Donald Dracon, 1033 Lake Forest Drive.
- Mako Capital LLC – William Cox, 5101 Laurel Grove Lane.
- Queen City Pretzel LLC – Robert Klemas, 309 Enchanted Drive.
- Regal Home Center Inc. – Qizhi Huang, 306 Leahy Mill Court.