Big Sunday coming up for St. Margaret’s
WAXHAW – Sunday, Aug. 26, will be a big day for St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, as the church has multiple activities planned throughout the day to kick off the new school year. Some of the scheduled events are:
• 9 a.m., Blessing of the Backpacks: Children and youth are invited to bring their backpacks to the church’s second service to be blessed for the upcoming school year.
• 10:15 to 11 a.m., Sundae School Rally: Registration for Sunday school will be held in the Parish Hall. Kids will meet their teachers and get an ice cream sundae treat.
• 12:30 to 2 p.m., Club 4-5: All rising fourth- and fifth-graders are invited to attend this time of fellowship in the Parish Hall. Club 4-5 will meet once a month for lunch and fun.
• 4:30 to 6 p.m., EYC fall kickoff and parent meeting: The church’s youth group, EYC (Episcopal Youth Community), will kick off the fall semester with a parent meeting in the Parish Hall. All rising sixth- through 12th-graders are encouraged to attend the meeting and get involved with EYC.
• Three-service schedule resumes: The church’s three-service schedule is back, with services at 7:45, 9 and 11:15 a.m.
For more information on these events, visit www.saintmargarets.net or call 704-243-3523. The church is located at 8515 Rea Road in Waxhaw.
New Salem Baptist to celebrate sesquicentennial
MONROE – Now in its 150th year, New Salem Baptist Church will hold a sesquicentennial celebration on Sunday, Aug. 26, at 10:30 a.m.
Current and former members and visitors are invited to take part in the celebration, which will feature music, food, members dressed in 1800s attire and a display of photos, letters and other memorabilia.
The event also kicks off the church’s revival services, which take place Monday, Aug. 27, through Aug. 30 at 7 p.m. each night.
For more information, call 704-289-1676 or visit www.newsalembaptistmonroe.com.
The church is located at 2915 Goldmine Road in Monroe.
‘No Excuses’ Outdoor Baptism & Tailgating
INDIAN TRAIL – At First Baptist Church Indian Trail, baptism is “an outward expression of an inward decision.”
Everyone who’s become a Christ-follower is invited to attend the church’s outdoor baptism celebration on Sunday, Aug. 26. Tailgating starts at 5 p.m., and baptism starts at 7 p.m.
Those wishing to be baptized can register online at fbcit.org/baptism. For more information, call 704-882-1005.
The church is located at 732 Indian Trail-Fairview Road in Indian Trail.
Meet Weddington United Methodist
WEDDINGTON – Interested in becoming part of the Weddington United Methodist Church family?
Everyone considering joining Weddington UMC is invited to attend Meet Weddington Church on Sunday, Aug. 26, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. During the session, visitors will experience an informal time of fellowship, meet the pastoral and ministry staff, hear an overview of the church’s ministries and mission and get answers to any questions they may have about the church. For more information, visit weddingtonchurch.org or call 704-846-1032. The church is located at 13901 Providence Road in Weddington.
Blood drive coordinator needed
MATTHEWS – Team Church needs a volunteer to step up to the plate and coordinate its blood drive.
Anyone interested in serving as the Team Church Red Cross blood drive coordinator should email email@example.com. The church is located at 2301 Stevens Mill Road in Matthews near the Mecklenburg-Union County line.