February marks the beginning of expo season in the Charlotte region.
Chamber of Commerce groups will generally hold huge trade shows featuring rows and rows of booths, manned by enthusiastic people who are excited to talk about their businesses.
The goal is to connect the public to the business community.
These venues are a great place to shake hands and meet new people, network and collect business cards, and learn more about the companies you may drive by every day but don’t have time to visit.
Here are four area expos worth visiting:
Greater Matthews Business Expo
The Matthews Chamber of Commerce presents awards to spiffy vendor booths, so expect some razzle dazzle and creativity from area companies. Stock up on food samples and information from vendors.
• When: 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 27
• Where: CPCC Levine Campus, 2800 Campus Ridge Road, Matthews
• Details: 704-847-3649 or www.mat thewschamber.org
Thrive Over 55 Senior Expo
Union County Hill Weekly presents an opportunity for people over the age of 55 to connect with resources in the region. Visitors will be treated to free breakfast and lunch. Registration is required.
• When: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 16
• Where: Christ Covenant Church, 800 Fullwood Road, Matthews
• Details: 704-849-2261 or email@example.com
Charlotte Business Showcase
The Charlotte Chamber of Commerce’s annual event dates back 18 years. More than 150 exhibitors are expected to participate in this year’s show.
• When: 3 to 7 p.m. March 21
• Where: The Park Expo & Conference Center, 800 Briar Creek Road, Charlotte
• Details: 704-378-1300 or www.char lottechamber.com
Union County Business Expo
The Union County Chamber of Commerce puts a spotlight on the diversity of businesses in the community. Visitors are invited to network and sample food from caterers. Register in advance.
• When: 4 to 7 p.m. March 22
• Where: Union County Agricultural Center 3230 Presson Road, Monroe
• Details: 704-289-4567 or www.union countycoc.com/